We specialise in different areas of Corporate Law, in particular Competition Law, the Market, Advertising and Consumer Protection Law.
- Companies: advice to administrators, shareholders’ agreements, incorporation, corporate reorganisation, liquidation and winding-up of companies.
- Drawing up articles of association and the rules of General Meetings and those of the Boards of Directors.
- International commercial contracts: Franchise agreements, Distribution and Agency Agreements.
- Technology transfers, R+D+i Consortiums.
- Transfers, Licences, Merchandising.
- Establishing Spin-offs and Technology-Based Companies.
- Joint ownership of intangible assets.
- Civil, contractual and extra-contractual liability.
- Protection of the right to honour, privacy and freedom from injury to reputation.
INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Legal action in defence of trademarks, designs and patents.
- Transfers and licences
- Customs defence
- Assistance in inspections and penalty procedures of the Comisión Nacional de la Competencia (National Commission on Markets and Competition) and tribunals for the Defence of Free Competition.
- Analysis of the legality of strategic decisions concerning competition.
- Advice and defence against Unfair Competition.
CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW
- Consumer and User Protection Law.
- Marketing products or services.
- Product safety and labelling.
- General conditions of contract.
- Marketing campaigns and advertising regulations
- Marketing on-line
- Social media
- Crimes against industrial and intellectual property.
- Corporate crimes.
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
- Implementation of the Law on Information Society Services.
- Online contracting and E-Commerce.
- Data protection.
We have a consultancy service that specialises in matters related to Corporate Law, auditing intellectual capital and putting it in line with the business strategy.
- Lining the intellectual property portfolios up with the business strategy of each company from a cost effective perspective, which determines the most effective and cheapest portfolios.
- Economic-financial valuation of intangible assets.
- Design and registration of the designations of origin.
- Auditing intellectual capital (due diligence).
- Legal mentoring of management teams, R+D+i teams and corporate marketing teams.
- State-of-the-art techniques, which help our clients focus the R+D+i on development that can be patented, by analysing the sector or the competition.
PATENTS AND TRADEMARKS
We consider industrial property to be a mix marketing tool connected to the business strategy area.
- Reports to determine whether it is feasible to register brands, models or inventions, all over the world, monitor the competition or identify state-of-art, by including non-infringement opinions.
- Registration of Trademarks and Trade Names, Invention Patents and Utility Models and Industrial Designs, Copyright and Domain Names.
- Maintaining industrial property rights all over the world.
- Monitoring services for conflictive international and national trademark registration applications, including domain names. Online watching services.
- Defence in administrative proceedings before the competent industrial property authorities (pleas, oppositions, appeals).
- Customs defence.
The corporate name and reputation are valuable assets that are particularly fragile, which is why companies must protect them and defend them against potential attacks from third parties.
- Auditing the corporate reputation or that of the personnel.
- Monitoring incidents related to the reputation (offline and online).
- Reputational crisis committee, which includes the spokesman services, press office and legal department.
- Creation and Protection of the personal brands of celebrities, artists and athletes.
Our legal services cover the civil and criminal defence of the right to honour, personal and family privacy and freedom from injury to reputation, as well as to exercise the right to rectification.